Tips for Cleaning Your Wooden Floors Naturally
All Natural Floor Cleaning Tips
- Sweep your floors first - You'll have a way easier time if you sweep your floors before you mop. So, get that done before you start mopping.
- First clean it with hot soapy water - Take a bucket and a gallon bucket and add hot tap water and 5 spoons of dish soap. if you're out of dish soap, use shampoo or laundry detergent. Give it a swirl with a wooden spoon and get to mopping.
- Have a rinse bucket as well - Don't put your dirty mop in your clean soapy mop water. Have a separate bucket with clean water to rinse your mop. If you don't have a separate bucket, just rinse your mop in your kitchen sink(or nearby bathroom sink or shower) before you put your mop back in your clean soapy water. Your soapy water will last a lot longer if you do it this way.
- Rinse with hot water and vinegar - Pour out your soapy water and replace it with half hot tap water and half vinegar. If you don't have vinegar use lemon juice. Go over your wooden floors at least once with this.
- Oil it down - Pour out the vinegar rinse from your bucket and pour in half a cup of olive oil or coconut oil in it and mop your floors with that. You can also add in a few drops of essential oils in at this point. Just make sure they are safe for small children, dogs, or kitties to walk on.(all three are likely to walk on the floor and get there hands or feet in their mouth)
- Open the windows - When you're done mopping, open all of the windows to help the floors dry. In fact, you can have your windows open the entire time you're mopping.
As you can see, you can easily use all natural ingredients to clean your wooden floors. No chemical laden chemicals needed. Just use the natural household items that are in your kitchen to make your floors sparkle. It's really as easy as that.
Bonus: Enchanting Essential Oil Combos
- Lavender and cinnamon - 10 drops lavender and 2 drops cinnamon
- Orange and lavender - 7 drops orange and 3 drops of lavender
- Lavender and vanilla - 5 drops of lavender and 5 drops of vanilla
- Lavender and cloves - 9 drops of lavender and 1 drop of cloves
- Cinnamon and cloves - 7 drops of cinnamon and 3 drops of cloves
- Frankincense and cinnamon - 8 drops of frankincense and 2 drops of cinnamon
- Frankincense and lavender - 5 drops of frankincense and 5 drops of lavender
- Lemon and orange - 5 drops of lemon and drops of orange
- Eucalyptus and lavender - 5 drops of eucalyptus and 5 drops of lavender